In this latest blog post, we will be looking at 6 quick tips on how to take care of a cockatiel parrot. We will also share the different types of cockatiel mutations and the current average price for a cockatiel parrot in Nigeria.
How to take care of a cockatiel
Your cockatiel needs a lot of attention and care, and you should be ready to be there for your parrots if you want them to be healthy and active. I have listed below 5 pointers on how to take care of your cockatiel parrots:
- Make their living space comfortable for them. Make sure that their cage is big enough for them to fly and stretch their wings.
- Please provide them with toys to imitate their natural habitat, such as things to perch on to keep them active.
- Feed your cockatiel regularly and change their water as often as possible. Also, the best time to observe any sudden behaviour change is during feeding.
- Trim their nails every couple of months but be careful not to cause injury to your bird.
- Clean their house regularly to avoid the build-up of dirt and bacteria.
Cockatiel price in Nigeria
There are 9 different types of cockatiel parrot mutations. Cockatiels, according to PetKeen, either come in grey, yellow face, white face, pearl, silver, fallow, pied, lutino, and blue. The price range for cockatiels in Nigeria is between N60,000 and N80,000 for one.
Where to buy cockatiels in Nigeria
If you are looking to buy a cockatiel parrot in Nigeria, contact us at Pet Lovers Nigeria. We stock very healthy cockatiels and different varieties of your favourite feathered friends. Our prices are also the best. Click here to place an order for a cockatiel parrot in Nigeria today.