This article will look at 7 tips for blue and gold macaw training in Nigeria.
A brief about macaws
For starters, the Blue and Gold Macaw is a parrot, and one of the world’s biggest, with multi-colours, making it one of the most beautiful birds on earth.
The macaw has a dark beak, a green forehead, a white-coloured face that turns pink in excitement, a blue-dominated tail and wings, and light orange/gold/yellow underparts. Macaws are famous for their ability to bond with humans and talk, colour, and availability in the market.
How To Train Your Blue and Gold Macaw To Talk
The blue-and-gold macaw is an apt talker capable of repeating simple words after you. The words aren’t spoken in a precise term; it’s just a mimicry of the words spoken. The macaws can be trained to speak, so to say, by repeating words after you. Once this action has been mastered, it can be trained to respond to questions or phrases. You will need a high dose of patience because this training takes time. Below are steps to take in training your blue and gold macaw to talk.
7 Tips For Training Your Parrot
I have listed below 7 easy tips for training your blue and gold macaw:
1. Start with a simple word: Although macaws can mimic you, don’t forget they aren’t humans like you. A lot of patience will be needed. Start with single syllabic words like “come”, “Hi”, or “Bye”.
2. Be consistent with the training: You must be conscious of the task ahead and never lose focus. Every time you are with the bird, say the word frequently, say it intentionally by looking into its eye, and say it slowly too so it could pick the words up. For best results, always have a pause in between the repeated words. Be consistent with the tone used each time so that you could hasten the learning process.
3. Rewards for excellence: Whenever the birds learn to speak a word or respond to a question correctly, reward it. This will make it thrilling, and your bird will always look forward to the training. Macaws are naturally social, so it is interested in talking to you.
4. Complement each word with an action: You enable it to visualize the word it is being taught, which will fast-track the learning process. You could have a hand each time you say “hello” or “food” for each time you are about to serve a diet. Macaws learn faster when the word is connected to an action.
5. Fuel their motivation with gifts: Notice what makes them calm and willing to learn, then use it as bait for learning. It could be a treat, a fruit, or their favourite food.
6. One step at a time: Do not bombard your bird with too many words. Take it slowly. Once it attains perfection in one, introduce another but never stop repeating the old word at intervals to avoid forgetting words. Start asking it simple questions requiring simple answers. For example, how are you? requires ” I’m fine” as a response. This is a simple sentence to teach your macaw.
7. Train with a clicker: You can associate a particular action or request to a clicker that the bird will recognize and act accordingly once it clicks.
Conclusion on Blue and Gold Macaw training
In this post, we have gone through 7 easy macaw training tips. For more tips and tricks on how to get your macaw to talk and do amazing tricks, check this downloadable pdf file created by macawsecrets.com. In the following article, I will share buying tips and don’t forget to place your order for a blue and gold macaw with us today!