Yorkshire terriers, or Yorkies as they are affectionately known, are small dogs that were originally bred for hunting rats in Yorkshire (hence the name Yorkshire Terrier) and also to be used as companions. Yorkshire terriers can come in different colors but their coats always have a silky texture.
Yorkshire Terrier (Yorkie) are good family pets because of their loyalty towards children and the elderly. I have listed several reasons why you should own a pet such as a Yorkshire Terrier in Nigeria. There are several benefits. Please find the article in this link. Yorkshire terriers love playing around with kids all day long but still remain protective of them at all times. Yorkshire terriers will not be too protective over areas where they have been let off leash though so it is important to keep them on one during walks. Yorkshire terriers are very easy to train due to being highly intelligent which makes them suitable for obedience training. Yorkshire terriers are generally very healthy and rarely get ill however they can be prone to certain health conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts and epilepsy.
Yorkshire Terrier (Yorkie) Characteristics:
– Yorkshire terriers were bred for hunting rodents and also as companions (family pets)
– Yorkshire terriers are loyal towards kids and the elderly
– Yorkshire terriers make great family dogs because of their loyalty towards their owners
– Yorkshire terriers take well to obedience training but would not be protective over areas they have been let off leash
– Yorkshire terriers love to play around with kids all day long
– Yorkshire terriers are generally very healthy
– Yorkshire terriers may be prone to certain health conditions such as glaucoma, cataracts and epilepsy.
Here is a list of the different colors Yorkshire Terrier (Yorkie) come in:
black and tan, blue and gold, cream/gold, chocolate and tan, golden wheaten and red gold.